Thursday, January 15, 2015

G is for more than enough



2 Corinthians 12:9

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 

There are some things that still make me smile in this life.  This scripture is one of them.
There have been several occasions when I thought that I would never be delivered.  It could have been in issues with my health, my weight, my finances or perhaps moods of depression and other emotional swaying.  Whatever it is, the enemy of our souls was ever ready to jump in and have me believing that there is no such thing as God's grace and mercy.
It is through these moments of weakness that I am able to look back over my life and see how God has performed a miracle. He has elevated me to be the strong and bold woman I am today.  If I get nary another blessing, this grace, I can honestly say, is sufficient. God is still in the undeserved blessing business.
Sometimes we need to set aside all of the profound Godly wisdom and knowledge we have gained over the years and take it back to the basics.  Let us not loose site of the fact that God has fed us and housed us and kept us safe over the years.
Shh, God is speaking....
He is reminding me that all that I have today is His handiwork and yes, it is more than enough. Out of this abundance springs my testimony.
Somebody needs for us to tell it the way it needs to be told - real and honest and personal. Some body's deliverance is dependant upon our testimonies. I don't know about you but it is clear that His grace and His mercy endures forever. There is nothing that we can ever do to merit this grace. It flows from the wellspring of His love for each and every one of us. We were created in grace and when He returns for His bride (us) it will be by grace that we are taken up. I am in awe of the power that resides in the folds of His grace.
Shh, God is speaking....
I have blessed you. Just open your eyes and see.
Just remember that with anything that we may go through (the good, the bad, the ugly) comes the devil trying to make us believe the opposite is true on the good stuff and deliverance is impossible on the bad. Right when we get to that point of saying deliverance is impossible, God shows His mighty hand. He is strong in our weakness and He gives us new eyes to see His handiwork. 
The older I get the more it has become clear to me that each of us has purpose. Because our God is the God of 'impossibilities', He did not choose you for an assignment that you could easily accomplish on your own. If He had, our dependence upon Him would be weak.  He wants us to be strong in our faith and give Him complete allegiance and trust and dependence. Sounds simple but with some of us that have taken care of ourselves for a mighty long time, this is a difficulty that requires much. Sometimes to just let it go and let God is a huge mountain to cross. 
God is saying that it is by His grace that we have been chosen to do a particular work in this life and He will see you through to the end.
Thy will be done, Lord, thy will be done. G is for grace and grace is the blessing of God.
#soulwriter #whatithoughtwassojustaint  #gracefulaging #livingwithpride
Books by Debi Mason:
What I Thought Was So Just Ain't - Aging through God's Grace
Amazon.com (paperback)
Amazon.com (Kindle edition)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (NOOK edition)
ISBN-13: 978-0692236475
Release: June, 2014

Arizona Clay: A journey of self-discovery
Amazon.com (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
ISBN-13: 9781606964880
Release: June, 2009

Follow me on Twitter:  @DebiOak

No comments:

Post a Comment