Sunday, January 11, 2015

D is for my dreams ...










is for dreams.




Dream Variations by Langston Hughes
To fling my arms wide
In some place of the sun,
To whirl and to dance
Till the white day is done.
Then rest at cool evening
Beneath a tall tree
While night comes on gently,
Dark like me-
That is my dream!

To fling my arms wide
In the face of the sun,
Dance! Whirl! Whirl!
Till the quick day is done.
Rest at pale evening...
A tall, slim tree...
Night coming tenderly
Black like me.

The older I get the more I know that dreams are a way for God to reveal himself to me. It is in this dream state that I am given direction as to God’s will.  

My eyes are opened as to how God sees me and how I see myself.  Seeing the true me I see that I am that child running in the sunshine, feeling the tall green grass between my toes and loving myself, loving myself, loving myself.

God made me this way and I find myself celebrating every wrinkle, grey hair and frown line.  I have lived a great life and I look forward to living so much more.

Do I have dreams?  You bet.  I still dream of writing the next great American novel. I still have dreams of going to China to photograph pagodas and the Great Wall. Before I die, I am dreaming that I will work on a water project for the children in some small village in Africa and teaching the women of the Republic of Congo  about what I know of the Risen Lord. My dream is to make a difference and tell somebody, “if God did this for me He will surely do it for you!”.

I dream to live my life like a jazz melody that ebbs and flows and skips and jumps.  I will always be in rhythm but my poems don’t have to rhyme.


I am free because I can dream.

#soulwriter #whatithoughtwassojustaint  #gracefulaging #livingwithpride
Books by Debi Mason:
What I Thought Was So Just Ain't - Aging through God's Grace
Amazon.com (paperback)
Amazon.com (Kindle edition)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (NOOK edition)
ISBN-13: 978-0692236475
Release: June, 2014

Arizona Clay: A journey of self-discovery
Amazon.com (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
ISBN-13: 9781606964880
Release: June, 2009

Follow me on Twitter:  @DebiOak

No comments:

Post a Comment