Friday, January 9, 2015

B is believing ..



Somebody is probably wondering why I am writing this.  Well, you see, I made a promise to myself and to God that I would write something every day in 2015. Through this exercise I am doing one thing that is moving me closer to my goal. I am being obedient to God's will by writing from my own experience. I am doing this for my own faith strengthening and I am writing this with the understanding that there is one person that may need to read this. Maturity is believing that many most likely won't get it, understand it or won't care but there is one that will.  This is my motivation. B is believing.

When is the last time you looked up a simple word in the dictionary?  Think about a word that you use all of the time - a word that you know you know the definition of.  Look it up and the definition might just help you discover a new way of saying your intent.  As a matter of fact you might be surprised to find that you really didn't know the full meaning of the word but only a mere portion. Perhaps you will discover that you have been using this word wrong all of these years.

My word today is believe.  Webster's Dictionary defines "believe" as to have a firm religious faith. To accept something as true, genuine or real. Hebrews 11:6 says But without faith it is impossible to to please Him: for he that cometh to God must first believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

I have that kind of faith that says that God is still on the throne.  He is the creator and the master of all thing that were and are and are to come.  I have the kind of faith that says that my prayers are heard and my sins are forgiven. I have that kind of faith that says that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord. Faith is knowing that when one door closes another one opens because I am a child of the King and, as my Father, He only wants the very best for me. I believe that He is still the author and the finisher of the profound faith that I have in Him.

I believe that every step I take is part of His divine plan for my life. I may not ever see clearly where it is that I am headed but I know that He does and that really is all that matters because I about trusting Him as well.

I believe that every word of the bible is true and because of this, my faith has become steadfast and unmovable. I believe that I am always moving forward and never backward and if there is any stopping of my progress it of my own doing and I am listening to the the whispers of the enemy of my soul that says that I cannot do or I cannot be. By faith I know that God surly didn't say it and I will never be too old to create and start and, Lord have mercy, help somebody.

I believe that the word impossible is not in God's vocabulary. I have faith enough to know that if He brought me to it He is most definitely going to bring me through it.  That mountain may look high in my eyes but that still doesn't mean God can't deliver me. 

The bible repeatedly links the word faith and believe together. B is believing.

#soulwriter #whatithoughtwassojustaint  #gracefulaging #livingwithpride
Books by Debi Mason:
What I Thought Was So Just Ain't - Aging through God's Grace
Amazon.com (paperback)
Amazon.com (Kindle edition)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (NOOK edition)
ISBN-13: 978-0692236475
Release: June, 2014

Arizona Clay: A journey of self-discovery
Amazon.com (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
ISBN-13: 9781606964880
Release: June, 2009

Follow me on Twitter:  @DebiOak

No comments:

Post a Comment