Saturday, April 18, 2015

Distractions




dis·trac·tion noun \di-ˈstrak-shən\
: something that makes it difficult to think or pay attention
: something that amuses or entertains you so that you do not think about problems, work, etc.
: a state in which you are very annoyed or upset

There are words that we use all of the time that seem to fit a situation or a circumstance and there are words that really hit the nail on the head when you look them up in a Webster’s. 

Such is this word – distraction. 

When I am having difficulty in praying and concentrating on the Word – distraction
When I seem to not feel the joy that I know I should have – distraction
When I am bothered by sounds (particularly folk’s conversations, too many questions) – distraction
Not seeing clearly God’s purpose for the rest of my life and when things used to be so clear – distraction

When I cannot see clearly through the fog of my own stinking thinking with teary eyes I know that I must be looking at things not in the spirit as the Lord would have me but I looking at things through the lens of negative worldly what have you - distraction.  My spirit self knows, without a doubt, that He has me in all things yet the enemy of my soul is going to try to distract me into believing the very opposite. Yes, these are nothing but distractions to keep me from fulfilling His divine plan. 

If there is anything that I truly hate in this life it has to be distractions.  Those moments that keep you awake at night or, better yet, throw you out of a fitful sleep to the edge of the bed to ponder and pray and commiserate over (something like “glass jars and marbles, etc.”) Distractions make me feel uneasy and restless – impatient for the move of God.  It is almost as though I were a bored kid that can’t wait for the test period to be over, not caring whether a passing or failing grade will be given…just wanting it over.

Distractions can be those moments of sheer boredom when all you really want to do is go outside and contemplate your belly button. 

#soulwriter 
Books by Debi Mason:
What I Thought Was So Just Ain't - Aging through God's Grace
Amazon.com (paperback)
Amazon.com (Kindle edition)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (NOOK edition)
ISBN-13: 978-0692236475
Release: June, 2014

Arizona Clay: A journey of self-discovery
Amazon.com (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
ISBN-13: 9781606964880
Release: June, 2009
Follow me on Twitter:  @DebiOak



No comments:

Post a Comment