Monday, August 11, 2014

F A I T H


FAITH
Today I am grateful that I have the kind of faith that keeps me standing strong and firmly rooted even when the winds of change blow all around me.  Change, as we grow into our later years, is difficult.  It is something that we try to avoid at all cost.  Yet change is inevitable.  Fight it all you want but change in our relationships, in our finances, in our living circumstances and in our health is going to happen.
 
I read something today by Jack Zavada that caught my attention.  In his article on why change is so hard he explains that we all ultimately dislike not having control over the things in our lives.  Giving up that control is scary at best and it means that we have to step into the unknown where we lose all sense invulnerability and all sense of power.

The bible says, “NOW faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1 KJV   The word NOW in this scripture means that we as saints of the most High God can access the power of faith in the one and only living God right now, immediately.  The NOW in the scripture means that we can step immediately into the unknown with confidence knowing that God is in control.  The bible also says, “If God be for us, who can me against us?” Romans 8:31 KJV   God-given faith produces steadfastness in the life of the dedicated believer in Christ Jesus.  By-the-way, we believers are not required to do anything when faced with change but be steadfast in our faith, stand unmovable in our faith, listen for the voice of God in faith and be obedient to His will by faith.

Much of my life was spent in a “fight or flight” response to change.  In fact a saying that I used to joke about was so painfully true, “Feet don’t fail me now!”  I was the first one to jump up and leave everything behind if there was even an inkling of a chance that I might not win a battle.  I would fight as long as I could and perhaps missed many an opportunity in the process because of the time spent. In the end I would still find myself giving up and walking away.  That was before I fully understood that God knows all, sees all.  He created the universe and He is, indeed, a BIG God.  Not only is He the instrument of my peace but He can see far better into my future than I and He has already insured success in whatever change there is to come.  
Any and all changes made with God and through God will also stay changed.  The bible also says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”  Romans 8:28 KJV

Resistance to change is motivated by fear and we already know that God did not give us a spirit of fear. We already know that God gave us enough power and enough love to navigate through any good or bad change, any storm that may come our way. 

God has so blessed me with a strength I thought I would never have, a boldness in my spirit that keeps me grounded and always looking forward to the next chapter.


#gracefulaging #soulwriter #whatithoughtwassojustaint #praisechallenge -- Day One
(c) 2014, Debi Mason, Oakland, CA, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment