Saturday, September 5, 2015

Grey Areas...



Sometimes my mind wonders and drifts and, to be honest, I believe I have reached that age when I can afford to let it. Swiftly my thoughts soar, sometimes without real direction, moving from the beauty and wonder of trees and oceans, to bible and love thy neighbor and wondering why it gotta be that way. 

Throughout life's journey, or much of it anyway, we are told what to think and how to think and why to think. It is through these orchestrated thoughts that we are told that success and prosperity are to be found. Today, however, as I let my mind wonder, it has occured to me that this kind of thinking is what can stiffle the creativity of somebody like me. This feeling today begs the question, is this the means by which I move closer to becoming somebody else instead of my authentic self?

And what about that word criticism either by self or someone else.  You know, criticism is that deadly silver bullet that can kill a desire, a purpose, a creative spirit quicker than anything else in life. 

Oh, as I remind myself, I am of the age that has given me the freedom to be me.  I am free to wonder in my mind down undiscovered highways and byways just because. I am free to climb great hills and mountains, bathe under glowing waterfalls, tell stories to somebody that just needs to have thier existance acknowledged. I am free to travel full of the power and the love of the Lord without fear, doubt or hesitation. Marvelous!

Lately I can picture the hand of God beneath me as I soar higher and higher. I am so utterly confident that He will catch me if I stumble and I am not afraid to fail because He has my back. There is absolutely no reason for any of us to not try to do that thing that He has purposed for each of us. His unchanging and powerful hand is indeed beneath us.

It is marvelous to be a grown up and to feel God chip away at the last remnant of fear we may have. I am flying and I am content. It is ok to be you. It is ok for they to be they and them to be them. It is ok for me to be me.

"And they shall fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, says the Lord, to deliver you."  Jeremiah 1:19
(c) 2015, USA




#oakager   #soulwriter 
Books by Debi Mason:
What I Thought Was So Just Ain't - Aging through God's Grace
Amazon.com (paperback)
Amazon.com (Kindle edition)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (NOOK edition)
ISBN-13: 978-0692236475
Release: June, 2014

Arizona Clay: A journey of self-discovery
Amazon.com (paperback)
Barnes & Noble (paperback)
ISBN-13: 9781606964880
Release: June, 2009
Follow me on Twitter:  @DebiOak


No comments:

Post a Comment